£60.00 per person | 2 hours
Tarts & Pies Series
- Wed 5 October 2022, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
GET READY FOR AUTUMN WITH OUR TARTS & PIES SERIES
Master a variety of pastries, techniques, and fillings across 4 weeks.
Pastry is an absolute fundamental of professional and home baking alike. Across the four weeks we’ll be going in depth on all aspects of working with sweet and savoury pastries. If you enjoy working with pastry but are looking to perfect your skills or if you’re totally new and want a comprehensive introduction, our series will cover it all. Each week you will focus on one area of pastry with either tarts or pies, to ensure you get to grips with all aspects and to showcase the versatility of each variety of pastry.
Alongside our expert bakers you will create seasonal fruit pies using lattice techniques in week one, progressing to traditional fine French tarts in week two. We will cover savoury pies, using a hot water crust and a free form technique with a tomato galette. The final week will push your new found skills and the knowledge you’ve amassed over the series to create two celebration worthy bakes.
WEEK 1: Pies (lattice cherry pie & lemon chess pie)
WEEK 2: Tarts (pear & frangipane tart & French chocolate tart)
WEEK 3: Savoury (potato, onion and cheese hot water crust & tomato ricotta galette)
WEEK 4: Celebration (chocolate clementine meringue pie & caramel macadamia tart)
Need to Know:
The recipes are designed for bakers of all skill level. Your workbook includes a complete ingredients shopping and equipment list
- When you select your first session time this will be your session start time every week for the duration.
- When you enrol for Week 1, you are signing up to join us for every week, you do not need to confirm attendance with us each week.
- Download your workbook from your confirmation email.
- Allergens include: gluten, egg & dairy.
- Each workshop will last approximately 2 – 2.5 hours (total of 8 – 10 hours)
Important: Workshop times are BST. You will be emailed a link with your Zoom joining instructions at least 2 days prior to your live workshop dates. If you have any questions regarding this course please don’t hesitate to contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org.